Modernized B2B Selling
What is Modernized Business-To-Business (B2B) Selling?
Modernized selling is a strategy and framework for sales professionals to create their own sales pipeline and efficiently manage complex opportunities. Pipeline creation is achieved with a strong personal brand that demonstrates insight and value for the target market; then leveraging technology and LinkedIn to create extended reach and connection. Opportunities are then qualified and managed efficiently and effectively with the RSVPselling™ framework which addresses the four key elements of winning:
1. Relationships with the right people
2. Strategy for managing politics and competition
3. Value creation as defined by the buyer
4. Aligning with the buying organization’s evaluation, selection and procurement processes.
Both frameworks are proven and have delivered opportunities and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue for B2B sellers.
Why Select This Course?
This course enables sales people to lead with insight and value in personally creating sales pipeline by improving their personal brand and strategies for connecting and engaging buyers. Participants also learn how to intuitively qualify and manage complex opportunities with pragmatic tools and methodologies to improve new business win rates. Personal leadership and ‘positive differentiation though the way we sell’ is a core principle of the course.
The course enables sellers to move away from traditional ‘interrupt and push’ approach to instead ‘attract and engage’ and includes elements of both the Strategic Enterprise Selling and Strategic Social Selling courses. The three key elements covered are:
1. Creating the right conversations by leading with insight and business-case value for the senior decision-maker.
2. Creating sales opportunity pipeline with a strong personal brand leveraging LinkedIn for targeted research, connection and engagement.
3. Managing the complex sale by mapping relationships and navigating organizational politics, creating the right competitive strategy, understanding and creating value as defined by the customer, and aligning with the buyer’s selection and procurement processes to deliver forecast accuracy.
Course objectives and defining modernized professional selling
Value Creation And Leading With Insight
Understanding and creating genuine business value
Identifying, evidencing and leading to your unique value (workshop)
Questions that create progression and shape requirements (workshop)
Creating your executive value insight message that hooks interest (workshop)
Modernized Selling Leveraging LinkedIn
Creating a strong personal brand to ‘attract and engage’ buyers
Content publishing to evidence insight and set the agenda on value
Trigger events for proactive pipeline creation and social listening tools
Mapping the power base and buying center
Profiling individual decision makers
Competitive engagement strategies
Managing complexity with the RSVPselling™ framework
Opportunity qualification tool (workshop)
Process and timing alignment through close plans (workshop)
Pre-learning and Preparation
A base level of competence is assumed for relationship selling and questioning skills with attendees having a minimum five years professional selling experience. The following course preparation is essential for participants to enable them to focus on hands-on activities during the course to implement strategies:
· Reading – white paper: Strategic Social Selling For Business-to-Business – A Brief For The CEO. Hughes, TJ. (2015)
· Reading – blog post: http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-create-your-personal-brand-tony-j-hughes
· Create free social media accounts and pages in LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter
· Create a Buffer account, free or paid subscription (www.buffer.com) and connect your Buffer account to the above social accounts. Then install the web browser plug-in for uploading content
· Create a range of ‘friendly business casual’ photos that are tightly cropped for head and shoulders, in focus and well lit. Upload the best to your social media accounts
· Develop an executive ‘pitch’ (90 seconds and without slides) that is aimed at the most senior decision-maker of an unqualified prospect and with the aim of securing a thirty minute meeting
· Complete Sales Aptitude Test in the Sales Resources section at the RSVPselling website
· Reading – The Joshua Principle. Leadership Secrets of Selling. Hughes, TJ. (2010).
Course Duration and Delivery Options
The course can be delivered over two days or in four separate half-day sessions.
Note: This course is blended from elements within the Strategic Enterprise Selling course and Strategic Social Selling course.
Learning Outcomes and Deliverables
The course is designed to equip participants to:
· Equip participants to lead with insight, focus on customer value, and modernize the way they network and engage using technologies and social platforms to strategically develop business and sales pipeline
· Create their personal brand to attract buyers through professionalism & insight
· Understand how to leverage technology for efficiency and extended reach
· Strategically connect and engage leveraging LinkedIn to build sales pipeline and drive revenue
· Create stronger competitive differentiation with a focus on customer value
· Think and act more strategically and improve new business win rates
· Influence and communicate more effectively, and execute with greater self-management and personal leadership.
The course will produce the following individual tools for participants:
· A personal ‘social selling’ plan to attract and engage clients
· Unique value identification sheets with linkage to customer business benefits
· Questioning toolkit tailored to create differentiation with specific buyer roles
· Executive business value messaging (pitch) with questions to take control
· Buyer profiler for summarising buyer role, agenda, personality type, etc.
· Tailored Opportunity Qualification Tool with action tracking
· Customized Close Planner for creating alignment and forecast accuracy
Venue hire, catering, audio-visual equipment, etc. and any travel costs are additional. Recommended class size is no more than 20 participants. Cost elements as follows:
· Electronic course manual including worksheets: $395 (plus tax) per participant
· Course facilitation by Tony J Hughes: $2,200 (plus tax) per day
· Course preparation with tailoring with course follow-up: No additional cost.
For an overview of the principles plus testimonials and further information about the concepts, visit website www.RSVPselling.com.
About The Course Creator And Facilitator
In 2015, Top Sales Magazine ranked Tony Hughes as the number one influencer for professional selling in Asia-Pacific. Tony subsequently became a regular columnist for Top Sales World Magazine and his LinkedIn Author Blog is also widely read by sales leaders globally. Tony’s best selling book: The Joshua Principle, Leadership Secrets of Selling is in its 6th printing.
Tony’s unique strategic sales methodology, RSVPselling™, has delivered hundreds of millions in sales and his framework for modernizing the way people sell with social media provides a way for sales people to become micro-marketers and personally create sales pipeline. He has taught for The University of Sydney and is currently on the faculty of the University of Technology Sydney delivering part of their eMBA program. Tony is also a recognized international keynote speaker in the USA and Europe, speaking at events including Sales Innovation Expo, London with 3,000 delegates.
Tony also has more than 30 years of real word experience including setting individual sales records that have never been broken, owning his own companies pioneering new markets, and leading the Asia-Pacific region (Managing Director) for a number of global technology corporations with head-offices in North America. In 2012 Tony launched his own consultancy business and his clients include Oracle, LinkedIn, Sugar CRM, BOC Gases, FINDEX Group, TAL Life, Nufarm, New Zealand Government and others.
For additional information:
· Personal credentials: http://rsvpselling.com/content/about-tony-hughes
· LinkedIn Profile: http://au.linkedin.com/in/hughestony/
· Corporate website: http://rsvpselling.com